And my first author interview!
First, the interview.
I would like to direct you over to Sarah PJ White’s blog. She’s doing a new author spotlight this year and was gracious enough to include me. I answer questions about why I started writing and what books inspire me. There’s also information about When Love Waits.
The Liebster Award!
Second – Cheryl over at The Ease of Release and Letting Go has nominated Feather Pens, Tartan Dreams for the Liebster Award. The Liebster Blog Award is bestowed upon “up and coming” bloggers who have connected with fewer than 200 followers.
Below are Cheryl’s questions for me.
1. If your blog was renamed with a song title, what would it be? Oh lord. I have no idea. Maybe Paperback Writer by The Beatles. Because, you know, that’s what I’m doing!
2. What has been the (or one of the) most rewarding experience related to writing your blog? I would have to say it’s the opportunity to meet people from all over the world. Blogging has connected me to so many different people that I probably never would have spoken with if I didn’t blog. The community out there is vast and amazing and I’m still awed by the scale of it all.
3. How much time do you spend weekly on your blog writing, researching, connecting etc? I used to blog whenever inspiration hit. Which meant I would go weeks sometimes without a post. Now, I’ve committed to two days a week, and I’ve been trying to keep a two week buffer. Some days the posts just come to me and I can get them both written in an hour. Other days, it takes a little longer, especially if I’m including more than two links or pictures.
4. If you, and your laptop were stranded on an island (conveniently with a wifi connection), what 5 items would you take with you? Well, the biggest spiral notebook I could find and a package (counts as one item!) of pencils – battery will only last so long and I’d use the laptop to figure my GPS coordinates and email for help, a knife, a leather strap – to sharpen the knife (kinky minds), and my husband. It would be work, but I think with those things, I could survive for at least a little while.
5. If you had to give an acceptance speech for the Liebster award in front of a live audience, who would be sitting in the front row and what would they be wearing? My husband, my in-laws, my cousins and a few close friends would all be in the front. Hubby would probably wear whatever I wanted him to. He’s cool like that. The others, I’d leave it up to them. They’re pretty good about dressing for whatever the occasion warrants.
Here are my nominees:
Here are my five questions:
1. If you could hang out with any artist – writer, musician, painter, etc. – who would it be and what would you do with that person?
2. What other craft have you dabbled in?
3. How did you decide to become a blogger?
4. What is the one story, or piece of art, that you have yet to complete that burns to be told?
5. If you had to give an acceptance speech for the Liebster award in front of a live audience, who would be sitting in the front row and what would they be wearing?
There you have it. Go check out these nominees. And have a great weekend.