Happy Tuesday everyone! Here we go…
Book reviews. Most people read them. Some are good, some are bad. Some simply bash the book while others extoll the virtues of something that probably shouldn’t have made it to the public. I’ve read fantastic books, good books, so-so books and books that made me wonder why I wasted my time.
The hubby thinks I should do a few book reviews on the novels I’ve read recently. Here’s my dilemma. How do I do it? What if the books a stinker? What if I give a bad review and others absolutely love the book I just reviewed? I really want to stay away from negativity on the blog if possible. Reading comments on other sites makes me worry that an honest book review will result in a deluge of vicious comments.
So, I’m going to ask you all what you think and I hope I get more than three or four responses to this.
1) What do YOU look for in a review?
2) Would you review books you didn’t like – for whatever reason?
3) Are you looking for honest reviews?
4) Do you read reviews on sites such as Goodreads, Amazon and Barnes & Noble before you buy a book, whether you purchase paperback, hardback or e-book?
5) Would you want a writer’s perspective, a reader’s perspective or a mixture of both?
I’m looking forward to hearing your opinions on this. I’ve been mulling this over for quite some time now. Truthfully, I’m nervous. I’m just starting out and I would hate to kill the dreams of a new writer just making their way into the industry.
Tomorrow is the last A Round of Words in 80 Days update, so look for that!
Wednesday is also the first official day of summer. Stay cool, stay hydrated 🙂
Can’t wait to see what you think!