If you didn’t read yesterday’s post, I signed up for the June session of Camp NaNoWriMo in order to kick the writing into full gear and get out of the rut I fell into during the month of May. If you can’t do this session, there’s another camp session in August, then of course, the original in November.
1) Write 100 words a day – minimum. Yeah, completely blown out of the water. That’s what I love about the NaNo challenges. Since last week’s update, I’ve written close to 8000 words. Still a little behind for the NaNo daily goal, but about 10 times more than I wrote the week before that.
2) Retweet other writers’ posts on Twitter. I think I did one. Bad writer monkey. Bad. I did post one tweet. Random thoughts are dangerous for someone with a Twitter account 🙂
3) Finish When Love Waits edit/rewrite by the end of the month. That “month” was supposed to be May. Which has now stretched into June. But now, thanks to my decision to go to “camp” I might have this accomplished before next Wednesday’s update! Yippee!!!!
4) Comment on blogs I’m subscribed to instead of just reading them in my email. I was a little better about this, this week. Need to get better. I noticed a few that I initially subscribed to last year changed what they write about and now don’t appeal to me as much. I feel bad about unsubscribing, but I don’t read them anyway. *sigh. Decisions, decisions.
5) Finish follow up novel to When Love Waits by the end of the round. See #3. Might get started back on this next week. Excited!!! I can see progress, which makes me want to write and I’ve found my enthusiasm again 🙂 Should have it finished by the end of the month, which may extend a little past the last day of ROW80.
6) Read more craft material. No books, but I’ve read a few blog posts about this. Also attended the local writer’s group meeting. They helped inspire me to light a fire. I felt a little inadequate in comparison. I know I’m not. They write in a completely different style then I do, that’s all there is to it.
Don’t forget to check out the others participating in this second round of ROW80 which I just realized is almost over! About 2 weeks left for this round. Wow. Time flew by fast!
How did you do this week?