Ah, another week down. The weather turned warm then all of a sudden – rain. Supposed to rain all week. Only plus is that apparently a cool front accompanied the rain so I hope it doesn’t get too muggy.
Here’s the update!
1) Write 100 words a day – minimum. Very well this week. Attended a writers group meeting that myself and another local writer set up. Went to the library afterward and wrote almost 1200 words in an hour. It may become my ritual on Saturdays when the hubby’s working.
2) Retweet other writers’ posts on Twitter. I’m doing better! The hubby has been keeping me honest with this. Asking if I’ve been on Twitter. I got into a short conversation with another poster about The Voice. I love reading Barbara‘s comments. And I just realized she’s a fellow ROWer!
3) Finish When Love Waits edit/rewrite by the end of the month. Passed the 30,000 word mark. 🙂 Yay!! Working furiously on this. Polishing the first two chapters to get some critique and also enter it in a writing contest. I think there’s a future blog post in there somewhere!
4) Comment on blogs I’m subscribed to instead of just reading them in my email. Tried to do better at this also. I’m behind on the ROWer’s posts, but I’ve made sure to get to the ones I’m subscribed to. It’s been a little stressful around the house – mainly self imposed stress. Hopefully June will be better.
5) Finish follow up novel to When Love Waits by the end of the round. As I progress in WLW, I’m thinking I may need to tweak a few things. I’ll get after this one next month.
6) Read more craft material. Stymied. I’ve read a few blog posts about how writers write and the things to think about if you’re considering self-publishing. I’ve got to get a better reading schedule down. Again, June will be better. Plus we went over a few things at the writers meeting Saturday. I’m curious to see how the next meeting goes.
You can find the ROW challenge here.
Keep plugging away! The participants I’ve visited have some awesome goals and making fantastic progress.