First, thanks to Miss Vikki over at The View Outside for this award. 😀 Thanks Vikki!!
The Beautiful Blogger Award is for those blogs that are creative, original and add to the blogging community. You’re supposed to bestow it on seven people and here’s the “rules:” I say, no worries if you’re a rule-breaker, then just put the award on your blog.
Link to the creative, beautiful genius that bestowed it upon you. (see above)
List seven random things about yourself. (see below)
Send said award to seven (or how ever many you want) other creative, beautiful geniuses. (see below after the random things).
Tell those lucky people that you’ve done this and give em’ the rules.
I’m going to be a total rule breaker and allow any of my readers to add 7 random things about themselves in the comments section. When I sat down to come up with 7 bloggers to give this to, I just couldn’t do it. There were too many to cull it down to just 7.
So, here are seven random things…
1) I’m a closet show tunes lover. I bought the cast recording for the NBC show “SMASH” last week. And have been playing it incessantly since. (It’s playing as I write this post) Though not at work. I tend to sing, out loud, with these things. 🙂 You can find it here. I know this isn’t technically a show, but there is talk about making “Bombshell” an actual Broadway musical.
2) I am the oldest of two children. My brother was born 2 1/2 years after I was. One of my strongest memories is he and I getting caught cussing out in the barn and my grandmother marching us into the house to immediately wash our mouths out with a bar of soap. Nastiest taste on earth. Did it stop the cussing? No, we just got better at hiding it 🙂 [Miss you Jeff]
3) I strongly dislike Valentine’s Day. I won’t go over the details since I blogged about it back in February. LOL.
4) I love watching the Kentucky Derby every year. This year, I’d wanted to watch in person as an early 40th birthday present. Until I found out the price of tickets to the stands and the fact that I would probably be on a waiting list. *Sigh. Maybe for my 50th. 🙂 Every year, I have to root for Bob Baffert’s entry because he’s a California owner and he kind of reminds me of my best friend’s husband. 🙂 This year Baffert’s entry was Bodemeister, named after his son Bode. Bodemeister dang near had it. First from the gate until 5 lengths from the finish line. It was an exciting race and Bodemeister I believe set a grueling pace for the rest of the field. So I do have to give props to I’ll Have Another for catching up there at the end.
5) I like crafts of just about any nature – Cross Stitch, Crochet, painting, drawing (I’m not good), and sewing. Since I participated in NaNo 2010 every single one of those pursuits has completely fallen to the wayside. Except for the scarves I’ve crocheted for the Special Olympics.
6) In high school, I was a pretty good shot with a BB gun. As my BF likes to remind me whenever we see a lizard. I blocked it out of my mind. 🙂 I took a shot at a tiny lizard and I remember being able to see through him before he fell off the rock. Evil, I know.
7) Last but not least. Just about every description I’ve read for Gemini fits me. Have you read them? They all contradict. And some of the character traits contradict each other. Geminis are usually very creative but sometimes it’s difficult being a “split” personality. Makes life interesting, that’s for sure.
Can’t wait to see your responses!