It’s May! My favorite month. End of the school year, summer is around the corner and it’s my birth month. All good reasons, right? lol
Here they are.
1) Write 100 words a day – minimum. All except one day. Had a good weekend on the writing front.
2) Retweet other writers’ posts on Twitter. Not as good as I wanted to do, but I’m at least trying. Still trying to decide if it’s easier to retweet from the Twitter site or from Tweetdeck.
3) Finish When Love Waits edit/rewrite by the end of the month. I’m past 28,000 and the characters just threw a monkey wrench into the story. I’d hoped to have their first serious romantic encounter by now, but things keep happening that preclude them getting together just yet. I was able to work past the monkey wrench and the story is flying again. Really going to focus on it this week. My goal is to have this draft done in two weeks and the first 25 pages edited and sent out to a contest. Oh, and send out a query letter.
4) Comment on blogs I’m subscribed to instead of just reading them in my email. I caught up on some in the list Tuesday. I love that I can respond so easily to other WordPress bloggers comments. I did go through the Linky list last Wednesday and tried to visit people I haven’t yet. I don’t know if others are having this problem, but there have been a few blogs I’ve tried to comment on and no matter what computer I use, it will not take my comment. Don’t know if this is a security filter on their end or some other kind of glitch. Very frustrating though.
5) Finish follow up novel to When Love Waits by the end of the round. Still on the back burner. On a positive note, I already have 18,000 words written, so it won’t be starting from scratch, it will be a finish thing. Still can’t figure out the name though.
6) Read more craft material. I still haven’t finished GMC. And a friend sent a link to a free e-book about editing. Just not enough hours in the day sometimes.
I’ve seen some fantastic goals being set and reached by all the ROW80 participants. They’ve inspired me to do better and achieve more. I’m trying to keep my goals reasonable so that I can still achieve them yet there’s some wiggle room to either let life in or be able to do even more than I have set as a goal.
You can join the ROW80 challenge at any point. If you’re curious, you can check it out here.
Here’s to another great week ROWers!