I made a conscious effort to do better on all aspects of writing this week. Things have calmed down a little bit, except for Easter of course. It was also a good week for reading. Plenty of time to read while traveling to the various functions this weekend. Here’s the update!
1) Write words a day – minimum. – Not too bad, though I did kind of cheat on my initial goal of not using blog posts to count for words. There were a few fits and starts but I did reach my goal every day.
2) Retweet other writers’ posts on Twitter. Not as many as I would have liked but more than the weeks prior to that 🙂 Not sure if it’s easier to do this on the computer or on the phone. I’ll figure out the best way sooner or later.
3) Finish When Love Waits edit/rewrite by the end of the month. Reached over 16,000. Hope to reach 20K by the next check in.
4) Comment on blogs I’m subscribed to instead of just reading them in my email. Did really well with this one. After I went through the 121 emails in my inbox, commenting became a little easier (duh, ya think?). Just the little bit I did has increased traffic to the blog, if slightly. Still an improvement.
5) Finish follow up novel to When Love Waits by the end of the round. Waiting to finish WLW first before jumping back to this one.
6) Read more craft material. Started reading Telling Details by Kat Duncan. Focuses on using the senses to help deepen the story and how the reader experiences the story. Haven’t finished it yet, but I like it so far. Duncan uses great examples to make her points.
Will get around to more blogs this week. Hope all the other ROWers are having a great week and meeting their goals. Now I’m off to watch The Voice!