Yes, I succumbed. I gave in. I really needed something to help keep me on track.
Round of Words in 80 days, for those who don’t know, runs year round and consists of 4 rounds. Each, as the name hints, lasts 80 days. They start at the beginning of each quarter and I decided to join the band wagon.If you want to check it out, click here. Participants are encouraged to join at any time, not just the start of the round.
My goals for this round of ROW80 will align with my yearly goals, but also with some short term goals added as I go.
So, here are my goals for Round 2.
1) Write 100 words a day – minimum. I need to write more than than in order to meet my self imposed deadline of finishing the current manuscript before the end of the month and sending it out for query or self publishing.
2) Retweet other writers’ posts on Twitter. I have been very lax in this lately. If I’m going to use it, then I need to keep up with it. Hence the reason I haven’t joined Pinterest yet. Can’t keep up with Twitter, let alone that.
3) Finish When Love Waits edit/rewrite by the end of the month. I’m at a little over 13,000 words at the moment.
4) Comment on blogs I’m subscribed to instead of just reading them in my email. I need to give as much as I get. I need to pick a day where my main focus is making the rounds on the blogs I’m subscribed to.
5) Finish follow up novel to When Love Waits by the end of the round. I’ve got almost 20,000 already on this one, but I know I’ll have to go back and look over it.
6) Read more craft material. I have so many books on my shelf and downloaded that I bought when I started my creative writing degree. A lot of what I tried to read didn’t make sense at the time. I think now, it will make a whole heck of a lot more sense and be beneficial…if I actually read them.
There are my goals. Hope to make it to quite a few others’ blogs during the round to offer support and encouragement. Also, ROW80 participants are encouraged to check in twice a week, but I think I’m going to take the advice to a ROW80 veteran and only post once a week. I’ll do those on Wednesdays so they don’t conflict with the Hello Holiday posts.
Good luck ROWers!