1) Lose 20% of my starting weight by the end of the year. 5.9% gone! It’s a slow go and at times it can be frustrating not to see big changes in the scale. There are some very tough days where my energy levels are low, but at the same time I don’t know if it’s lack of activity or good old spring allergies. On the positive side, I took measurements when I first started this endeavor. I’ve noticed a few of my clothes have started fitting a little better. Since Saturday marked the end of the first quarter, it was time to take new measurements. Since December 31st, I have lost a total of 9.25 inches. You read that right. I had to re-add the numbers three times to make sure and I measured every thing at least twice before writing the numbers down. WOO HOO!! The scale may not have moved as much as I would like, but this shows definite progress.
2) Read 100 Books. 21 books down, two in progress and several more waiting in the wings. I actually won a new e-book last week that I’m excited to read first because it looks interesting and secondly it’s from someone I’ve actually met in person! Other fledgling writers will understand why that’s exciting. Also, thanks to a friend, I discovered a new book store in town that I plan to frequent. They buy/sell/trade paperbacks and hardbacks in all genres and I am fully impressed by their romance section. I think it’s bigger then the library and almost as big as the other bookstore in town.
3) Schedule all blog posts. Not doing so hot on this one. Don’t know what happened this last month. I’ve gotten them up in time for the regular posts dates, but not a week in advance as I had been doing.
4) Finish editing When Love Waits. Editing turned into a major edit/rewrite. Still determined to get it done and either out for query or self published before the end of May. I’m REALLY happy with the changes being made. Can’t wait to see how it ends up!
5) Finish first draft of my 2011 NaNo novel. This one has been sneaking into my consciousness more and more lately. And getting the Pennsylvania travel magazine in the mail the other day didn’t make it any better.
6) Edit Renaissance Wench and re-query. *Sigh* While I like the premise, the more I think about it, the more I realize it still needs some major plot work. A friend suggested making this into a romantic suspense, but I’m just afraid of it turning into the expected because it’s set in New Orleans. I love the idea, I just don’t know if I could pull it off and have it be a fresh take on the city’s charms.
7) Keep up with housecleaning regularly. Getting better. Kittehs are keeping me honest because if I don’t clean the kitchen or pick things up as I go, it ends up on the floor as a play toy. Or being licked. Don’t want them licking the little bit of food off of them that may be on there. Plus, it keeps them from breaking anything glass. And the hubby has been helping a lot. (Thanks honey!!)
8) Exercise daily. This has gotten better since we got the bicycles. We ride, weather permitting, on days the hubby’s home. AND we participated in a 10K bike ride through Downtown and the local park. The hills just about killed me, but I made it up the hills without ever getting off my bike (thank you 21 gears!). I was toward the end of the pack, but I wasn’t dead last. 🙂
9) Write 100 words a day. Had one days where I missed. We don’t often have drama, but this month we had a health scare with the kittehs and it really stressed me out. I still wrote because it took my mind off of everything for a little while, but I didn’t get as much accomplished this month as I planned . There’s always next month!
How have your goals been going?