For those with a keen eye, you’ll have already noticed a slight change on the word meter. I changed the projected total word count from 65,000 to 70,000. Why? Well, when I went back to finish this novel, I was at a little over 51,000 words. I thought I was so close to the ending and that it could be accomplished in 55,000. But that seemed like a short novel to me. So I set a goal of reaching 60,000 words thinking I would never get there.
Color me surprised when I reached that second goal and realized I’d left out quite a few important scenes and was still no where close to the ending. Tonight I surpassed my 65,000 goal and instead of changing the word count to show over 100%, I changed my final word count goal instead. I have given myself a deadline of finishing this draft by the 31st so I can participate in Camp NaNoWriMo.
Hopefully that word count meter will once again be at 100%. Unfortunately, I have been letting life get in the way, but sometimes even my hiney needs a break from the chair to pursue other interests. That way, the desire to get back to it becomes even stronger.
Have a great week everyone and happy writing everyone!